Don’t just open a bottle of wine to serve friends and family during the Purim seudah…Shake things up by creating unique wine cocktails with these delectable recipes that are easy to make and are destined to bring a smile to everyone’s face!
Purim Seudah Sangria Cocktail
- 1 bottle of dry red wine—use something airy and casual like a Gilgal Merlot or Gilgal Cabernet Sauvignon
- ½ cup brandy
- 1/3 cup sugar dissolved in a little warm water
- 1 sliced lemon
- 500 grams of mixed sliced fruit such as peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries etc.
Combine the wine, brandy and sugar syrup.
Add the fruit to the liquid
Press the fruit gently with a wooden spoon to release juice.
Cool for at least two hours.
Purim Seudah Sangria Tangy HOT Cocktail
- 1 bottle of dry red wine—for this recipe use Mt. Hermon Indigo
- Cinnamon cloves
- Orange peels
- Triple Sec liqueur
- Sugar (tablespoon)
Cook the wine with all of the aforementioned ingredients for 30 minutes
Purim Seudah Sparkling Cocktail
- 1 bottle of sparkling Gamla Brut
- 1 shot of gin per serving
- 1 shot of ginger ale per serving
- Mint leaves
Mix the Brut and ginger ale.
Add in the mint leaves.
Gently stir and serve chilled.
Purim Seudah Italian Accented Cocktail
- 1 bottle of dry Gamla Rose wine
- 1 shot of Aperol Italian aperitif (per serving)
- 1 slice of orange (per serving)
Mix the wine, Aperol and sliced orange.
Pour over lots of ice & serve.